Saturday, December 22, 2007

singing and I =)

yesterday was our RC gathering. grace, kk, hn n i planned a "special programme" which is RC 10 years' flash back + sharing. many "10 years old students" (mean they joined choir 10 years ago) shared their feeling. many of them do their intro like this "i like singing a lot". then it remind me about my childhood experience. not many people know about this and i'm gonna tell u all here. =p
when i were still in my primary school life, i like singing a lot. i was so envy to my classmates who "qualified" to join our school's choir. however, i don't have the chance to join, cos my singing were too bad. how bad is it? bad until my dad rather to turn off the radio so that i would stop follow the radio to sing. (sigh.. pity me) and hence, my result for music class was always bad, too. after 6 years in my primary school, i thought i wouldn't have chance to "officially" learn music & singing again. and i was really give up trying to sing in public. i afraid my singing will "frighten" others. then something "unexpected" happened in my form 3 life! a senior encourage me to join Renaissance Choir! i told her my singing were really bad but she told me that i can train myself in RC. then i went for the audition. before going i told myself, if i failed, i give up. out of my expectation, the audition was just to identify which part we should attach to, not to test whether we qualify or not. this was the first thing warm my heart, in RC. and so after that day, i become an alto in RC, until now! and i was so proud of this "identity"( part of choir man! so cool!). although my faith and attendance were ups and downs all this while, i'll finally come back to this very premium point. maybe there's a sense of belonging for RC has built deep in my heart. and yesterday koon hoe had share something impressed me. he told us not to look back to the victories, happiness or even sadness we have had in RC before. we should move forward without this kind of burden. no matter it's good or bad, it had already passed. it help nothing if we always think to achieve the previous things. i'm agree with him. and so, i resolve to move forward with all the RC members. no matter what is the challenge in front, we'll still grow together, to achieve all the goals and our vision. of course, there's something we couldn't change and forget, that's the bond and the unity among members! it's our RC and SGM tradition to concern about each others! and that is the reason why we united! so, let us lighten up each and everyone heart with our sincerity and together we spread the hope and joy through our singing! gambate everyone! =)

ps: thanks to RC's training, my singing is getting better now. at least my dad wouldn't suddenly shut down the radio while i'm singing with it. =p

No comments: